Sunday, August 26, 2012

marc jacobs



 [frida gustavsson shot by juergen teller]
i have so much admiration and respect for marc jacobs

fashion week 2005

Marc Jacobs was born in New York City on April 9, 1963. After graduating from the High School of Art and Design in 1981 he entered Parsons School of Design. As a design student at Parsons, Jacobs was the recipient of some of the schools highest honors including Design Student of the Year. 
[you can stalk marc jacobs life on his website, like i do]

my favorite mans quotes -

"I love to take things that are everyday and comforting and make them into the most luxurious things in the world."
//

"I'd like to believe that the women who wear my clothes are not dressingfor other people, that they're wearing what they like and what suits them. It's not a status thing."
//
"Sometimes there are two very opposite directions, and we go with the stronger one at the end. It's an impulse thing, like, 'Oh, I love both so much, but it's got to be one or the other because the two don't work together."
//
 "I like the sort of 'nothingness' of the jeans and the T-shirt. I feel that's about as close as I can get to the future because it seems like something so old that 
will always be, so I feel it's a safe bet for the future."

"It's a cliché, but when I drank I was taller, funnier, smarter, cooler," Jacobs told New York Magazine in 2005. "I would come into work and fall straight to sleep, and then I would tell everyone to come in on a Saturday because we were behind, and then I wouldn't show up."

[fin]

No comments:

Post a Comment